LGBT Parenting and The P3 Network
Cityparents is proud to support The P3 Network - an LGBT network for Proud, Professional, Parents in City professions.
About The P3 Network
- social engagement for LGBT parents who share the common theme of the challenges of a City career;
- knowledge sharing on experiences – ie speaking to your employer about leave, how to manage school bullying, how to manage un-approving parents at the school gates, explaining to children that their parents are gay/lesbian, the adoption/IVF/surrogacy process, unfounded fears about whether you will raise a gay child because you are in a gay family;
- prospective parents who can network with positive role models;
- learning for “ally” colleagues/managers so that they can support their LGBT parent counterparts; and
- social engagement and knowledge sharing for heterosexual professional parents who are also “proud” because they may have children who are LGBT.
The P3 Network offers two strands of events which are free to members; please visit their website for more details.