Mark your diaries now for our next Accelerator event which will be held on the afternoon of Wednesday, 20 March 2019 at the offices of Allen & Overy. At this half-day conference we will be joined by two keynote speakers. Sam Smith, founder and chief executive of the corporate advisor and brokerage firm FinnCap, will share her perspectives on her career, being a working mother and workplace culture in the City. Later in the day author, journalist and mental health campaigner Bryony Gordon will talk about her experiences of parenthood and mental illness.
Throughout the afternoon, delegates will have the opportunity to hear Cityparents expert speakers discuss a range of careers, wellbeing and family topics in interactive panel discussions, including:
- Navigating your next career milestone: Cityparents careers experts will discuss practical tips and strategies to help you identify and work towards your next big career moment, whether a promotion, pay rise or a shift in a new direction.
- Managing stress in the City: the City can be a stressful place – but how much is too much? Our wellbeing specialists will cover how to identify signs of stress, enhance resilience, and manage causes and symptoms.
- Making family time count: after a day in the office, it’s the quality of family time that counts. Hear how to make the most of the time you spend with your children from our parenting experts.
- Getting ahead whilst working flexibly: want to know how to keep your career moving forwards without giving up the flexibility you have? Hear from those who have done it, and receive tips from Cityparents expert careers speakers on how you can do the same.
- Implementing work / home boundaries: establishing clear work / home boundaries is important to stay physically and mentally healthy, but how? Our wellbeing professionals will share tips to help you improve your focus both at home and in the office.
- Creating a positive home: this panel discussion will address ways to enhance positivity in your home life by considering parenting styles, behaviour management, your health and wellbeing, and spouse / partner involvement.
The event will run from 12-5.30pm followed by a drinks reception. Tickets are priced at £75, with a 10% early-bird discount available online until 31 December 2018! Group ticket early-bird discounts are also available - please contact us for more information. Please read our programme flyer for speaker biographies and further details.
We look forward to seeing you there.