- Do any of these resonate with you? An unrealistic workload. Working in the evening and on weekends. Not enough time… https://t.co/JUvu1I2743
Our charity partner - Working Families
Citymothers & Cityfathers are delighted to announce that their charity partner for 2016 is Working Families.
Working Families is the UK’s leading work-life balance organisation. The charity supports and gives a voice to working parents and carers, whilst also helping employers create workplaces which encourage work-life balance for everyone.
The charity offers the following support and resources for working parents;
- A free legal helpline on your rights at work. Call 0300 012 0312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A website with detailed information on your rights at work as a working parent. Visit www.workingfamilies.org.uk
- A network of supporters – the Changemakers – who support our work to promote flexible working and work-life balance for all employees. Contact Working Families.
- A network for parents of disabled children who work or want to work. For details of the Waving not drowning network please contact us.
- Free guides for parents and carers are available to download on our website.
- A lively blog on combining work and life
- National Work-Life Week including Go Home on Time Day. Working Families run an annual week at the beginning of October for both employers and employees to highlight the need for better work-life balance. In 2016 the week will run from 3-7 October. Contact Working Families.
- Working Families encourage organisations to join them as employer members. They support employer members with their flexible working policies and practices and run the annual Top Employers for Working Families benchmark and awards. Contact Working Families.